So I wanted to wish Lyle a happy father's day! He is the best dad ever, and I am so glad that I have his as my partner in crime with our little girl Tenley! She is the sweetest, cutest baby ever, but she can be a handful for one person sometimes, so I am so glad that I have him! Happy Father's Day! I LOVE YOU!
Now, on to more Tenley pictures and life as I have known it for the last 11 days! I have to admit, it has been harder than I thought to take care of a newborn and recover from a C-Section. Whoever said they were easier, had to be lying. Yeah, I didn't have to go through labor, but I also couldn't hold my baby for very long, I had to rest even when she wanted to be awake, and it has been a hard recovery. I am happy to say that it is getting better day by day, but when you feel like you aren't being a good mom because you can't give your little girl all that you want to. I am getting better, and I have been blessed with some great help, but still, it's hard!
Grammy (Lyle's mom) came and stayed with me on Tuesday and Grandma (my mom) came up Wednesday and stayed with me until Saturday. It was a blessing to have them both here! It is so nice to know that my little girl has so many people that love her! So while my mom was here, we wanted Tenley to get some sunshine and so we went outside on Friday and the door was open. A yellow jacket flew by and I was paranoid that it would get in the house, so I closed the door. Little did I know that the door was locked from the inside. Oh dang! So Mom went over to the Landlord's house and they weren't home. So then mom went over to our neighbor's house and got a card so that I could try my hand at breaking into the house. That didn't work, so then we tried taking the screen off the window hoping that the window was unlocked. That didn't work, so we walked down the street to find some friends that live in the area, and they weren't home. Mom finally said that she would pay for a locksmith, went over to my neighbors house to use the phone, and the neighbor suggested that we call the landlord so that he could let us in. DUH! Why hadn't we thought of that? and why not an hour sooner??? Oh well. Now I know what to do for next time! We love having Grandma come visit! She was a life saver! Here are some cute Tenley pictures and some from the fiasco! Plus some pictures of the baby shower that I had in Hayden. Thanks so much Aunt Sandy and Ramona for all your hard work! I had an amazing time and it was great to get out of the house! Thanks so much!
Thanks so much for everything! Oh, on a quick side note, I found out this week that Tenley was born on the day that J.Ray died. So Tenley Rae is an amazing name for such and amazing girl! I will never forget the love that I felt from them and Tenley will serve as a reminder of their love and happiness forever in my life!
A little break
15 years ago
darbye! Congrats on your little girl. Isn't it the greatest feeling to just hold her and let her fall asleep in your arms?! Have so much fun...I'm out there in a couple weeks, I hope to meet her.-jenny
ReplyDeleteI love the pics! What a sweetie. I wish I could snuggle her, but until then keep reminding baby Tenley that Auntie Heather is WAY cooler than Uncle Bud. Thank you.
ReplyDelete