Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

So Lyle and I had an amazing Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving with Momma and Poppa Vaniman eating turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I got to make home made rolls (thanks Aunt Sandy for the amazing recipe from the Griffitts Family Cookbook! Your rolls are the best!) and a salad. It was a great dinner and I am grateful for the relaxing day that we had with family. Friday we went down to go shopping at Pier 1 since we still had a gift certificate from them and their ornaments were on sale, and let's face it, I need ornaments for my tree. I am a newlywed and ornaments, however small they may be, are a big part of a christmas tree. So i got some cute red, silver, and gold ornaments, and a little angel to put on top! I am so excited to start decorating as soon as we get a tree! Then it was over to Mom and Dad Griffitts house for a night of breaking into tree festivals, eating some good food at Dockside, and watching some amazing fireworks and christmas lights! I was just sad the barge didn't catch on fire! I guess every fireworks show can't live up to the Fourth of July on Hayden Lake three or four years ago! My favorite part of the night was being with family. I have missed seeing Aunt Sandy, Uncle Alan, Brad, Jessie, Tawni, Ryan, and Aiden so much! They invited Lyle and I over to watch Christmas Vacation that night and it was amazing! I don't think I have laughed that hard in a LONG time! I just can't wait until we get to watch it with Trevor, Heather, and Bud! We stayed the night at Mom and Dad's because they had a room at the resort and then spent Saturday watching football and shopping for some more gifts for christmas. I have to say, work this morning was way boring compared to the fun weekend that I got to have with my family. I love you guys so much! Thanks for all the love, support, and lasting memories that we get to make every year! I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Those were good times...we miss the fireworks! Glad you had fun with Mom and Dad and the cousins. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... glad to hear you had a GREAT 1st thanksgiving together. There is nothing better than the holiday's with family!
    Thanks again for watching little Rachel. She loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun having you with us! come again sometime! We love you both!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete