Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Macaroni Salad Recipe

So here is the "recipe" for Macaroni Salad as told by Kathy "Cox" Green:

Boil and drain the macaroni.  You don't need to worry too much about proportions, so just cook as much as you want/need.

Dice some mild cheddar cheese-- pretty fine unless you love cheese. 

Dice dill pickles

Dice sweet onions or mild green onions.  Dad loved fat Walla Walla's.

Chop some celery.

Mix mayonnaise, salt and pepper (I think Mom used MSG too, but we don't want Tenley to get cancer!)

Toss these ingredients together until everything is thinly coated with mayo.  You can always add a little more, and season a little more if you need to.

Dad loved this salad with canned crab meat too, if you happen to have some on hand.

If you haven't heard about Grandma Cox's Macaroni Salad, you are missing out. It is the BEST macaroni salad on the face of the planet! I did cook this for Tenley's first birthday party, and I am sure it will be a family favorite as I perfect the proportions. I was told that this needed olives.. and I promptly told that person that Grandma never had Olives in her Macaroni Salad! (The Nerve... OLIVES???) Then I was told that it needed some hard boiled egg. I guess Kathy forgot to add that to the recipe. I hope your family enjoys this as much as we did. I can't make it as good as Grandma, but I can sure relive the happiness that I felt EVERY TIME I ate this amazing food! Thanks for the great memories Grandma Cox!

No comments:

Post a Comment