So I have decided to name my little cabin Moose Haven and here's why.....
Yesterday I woke up around 5:30 am to take my dog outside to do her business. First off, we have only had this dog (Tracks) for about a week, and she has never barked. EVER. I thought for sure something was wrong with her vocal cords because all she did was whine. Even with her severe seperation anxiety she just whines when we are away. She has never even come close to barking. So I take Tracks out to do her business and she starts looking towards the tree line and starts barking. Warning #1. I start to look at what she might be barking at. The motion light that we have on our house only goes so far when it's pitch black outside. Then all of the sudden I see this HUGE MASSIVE OBJECT coming out of the trees towards the dog. IT WAS A MOOSE!!! It was a HUGE moose and I started getting freaked out that Tracks was going to aggrevate the Moose and I would have a dead dog or broken house or something. Tracks came back inside after calling after her franitcally for about thirty seconds and then we proceed indoors so to be out of the Moose's way. The Moose walks about ten feet more, about five feet from our deck, and proceeds to lay in our front yard. I am freaking out. I have to get to work and I have to start my car before I go so that I am not freezing. Lyle is home from work because it's too cold to work outside and is taking Tenley for the day so he needs the car seat and this Moose is just sitting in my front yard as if to say, "Come out and Join me. I can kick your trash and then some.". So Lyle goes outside to get the car seat and start my car and the Moose didn't move. He says, "See the Moose didn't move the whole time I was out there." Then I thought, "Well the Moose is bigger than me and can get scared by anything that moves. I would rather stay inside and win, then go outside and possibly loose." Then the Moose got up and walked over to the other side of the pond (not england, we have an actual pond at our house). I ran to my car, got in, locked the doors (because a Moose can't open a locked door), and went to work.
The best part of the story is that when I was telling this to my loving father, he told me to call my mom because she would appreciate the story (in other words, he was looking for the soup at the grocery store and couldn't find it. He wasn't listening, wanted to get me off the phone so he could find the soup, and told me to call my mom because he didn't hear a word of the story). So our humble abode is now named Moose Haven and I will always look twice before sending my puppy out into the yard.
A little break
15 years ago
Hilarious!!!!!!!!! Bullwinkle lives at your house. Awesome!
ReplyDelete